Beaded in the Maasai tradition by women Artisans receiving a fair wage, our collars are as tough as they are beautiful. Made by hand and in country, each collar will have slight variations adding to its unique style.
Buddy Bands allow you to match your best friend - in style! Choose the same pattern or a complementary one: either way, you'll be like two peas in a pod!
100% of net proceeds are invested the Artisans and our innovative menstrual hygiene program, UhuruPads (East Africa's first 100% compostable sanitary pad, produced by a team of women for distribution to girls keeping them in school).
- the size in inches given (for ex., 10"+) is the length from the tip of the leather at the buckle to approximately the second hole after the beading ends. In this example one could make the collar slightly tighter than 10" or slightly looser than 10"
- beautiful beading that wears like iron
- soft, durable leather in dark chocolate
- rugged brass hardware (though nickel is shown in image provided)
- Buddy Band is also made of rich, chocolate leather (7.25 in., closes with a single brass snap)